Before you can apply for compute resources or storage resources, you must have a valid grid user certificate. In NGI-DE, grid user certificates of the DFN-Verein (https://www.pki.dfn.de/grid) or the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
(http://www.gridka.de/ca/d_inhalt-en.html) are used.
To request a grid user certificate you have to contact the responsible Registration Authority (RA).
- RAs to request grid user certificates of the DFN-Verein can be found here.
- RAs to request grid user certificates of the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology can be found here.
If you nee a grid user certificate, please check which of the following possibilities applies:
- If your institution operates a grid RA, please contact this RA.
- You already are a user of on of the computing centers listed above. Then please contact the Registration Authority of your computing center.
- If your institution has not established a RA yet, the Grid Certificate Authorities will consult you, where you can obtain a grid user certificate. For this, please send an e-mail to zertifikate. ∂d-grid de
If you want to renew an expired grid user certificate it is essential to make sure that the Distinguished Name (DN) of the new certificate is identical with the DN of the old certificate. This means that in all fields the DN is composed of you have to make the same entries that you made when the old certificate was requested. Only then you have access to the same grid resources that could be accessed with the old certificate.